Wednesday, July 11, 2012

around town

I went out around the big ol' village of Hirshau to check out the produce at the local grocery store. Of course I wanted to attempt some German while I was there. That was an epic fail. It is really intimidating to try and speak a new language in front of strangers. All I got out of my mouth was "Sprechen Sie Englisch?" or do u speak English. The lady answered back nein or no, so I shrugged my shoulders and we went about our way. After I left, I was so mad at myself b/c I can ask for help in German & I can say do u have, when clearly I wanted to find something I didn't see. UGH! Next time, I will do it!!!!! Well, I came across a few things I have never seen b4. Of course I snapped a pic to share with you.....


They are gooseberries. I did not buy any to try though I should have. Have you ever tried these??


Then onto yellow kiwis. I have never seen them b4 in the states. I had to try them. These were more sweet than the typical tangy green kiwi. I liked them lots.


This was from the frozen section. I was kinda amazed and a lot of grossed out when I saw you could buy frozen sushi & snails. EWWWW!

Well it's definitely always an adventure, even at the local grocery store, you never know what you may find. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment