Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stuffed Zucchini

Shopping at the commissary the other day, I ran across ROUND zucchini. I have a strange love for zucchini so I had to have them! I really didn't even know they existed [thanks mom for filling me in after all these years] ;o) So today I wanted to try a spin on stuffed zucchini. I pretty much just combined 2 recipes. Took a lil from some & left out a lil from another. Well, it turned out fabulous. The hubs even loved it [even though he swears he doesn't like zucchini]. lol & clearly not the best pic. But I still had to share. I'll share with you my recipe too.



4-6 zucchini
1lb hamburger
1 small onion chopped
1 small tomato
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
seasoning of your choice [I use my infamous garlic pepper, our staple]
shredded Monterrey jack or cheddar to sprinkle on top

Start by spooning out the inside of the zucchini and then chopping it into small pieces along with the tomato & set it aside. Brown hamburger & add onions. After the hamburger & onions are done, drain any grease & mix with squash & tomato. Add seasoning of your choice, parmesan cheese & sour cream. Mix together then stuff back into shells. Sprinkle with a lil shredded cheese & bake at 350 for 30-40 min. YUM!


And of course after we ate, it's about 8pm. The hubs informs me that I should make something because his softball team is all getting together for dinner after the game tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up....after the stores are closed & with no way to get to the store b4 the game 2 morrow. I'll b brainstorming all night. Later peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment