Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy V-day People!!!

You know you've been married for too long when you don't get presents or goodies for V-day anymore....sad me :o(    LOL no really it's all good, I did something special for him & that makes me happy enough.

 I was excited to show some love this Valentine's Day to all the soldiers in my husbands unit. I have made it a tradition to make these "special" sugar cookies for the guys. They take so long to decorate but I love doing it and I love these guys!


I got a lot of smiles from the guys when they noticed what they were. They loved them.

This year I was excited to use my mom's sugar cookie recipe. It brings me back to the times we made them for Christmas every year. They were so yummy!!

Sugar Cookie Dough
3/4 cup shortening
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3 t. baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1 t. vanilla

Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Sift flour and baking powder then add to creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Add vanilla. Let refrigerate to stiffen. Roll out onto a floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

For the icing, I use Wilton's color flow icing recipe. It hardens fast and is great for decorating! You can find the recipe here... http://www.wilton.com/idea/Color-Flow

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment